Zombies in the Frozen Food Aisle

Friday, January 15, 2010

After a very long weekend (last) and week, my husband has finally come home from his business travel! To celebrate his coming home, we ... went grocery shopping together! Yes, the three of us went to shop for food and toilet paper and had so much fun on our voyage. The week of single parenthood, work stress and literally sleepless nights (not gonna go into it in this post) took its toll on me. I was also out the door this morning before 6am to get to a work function. My husband, on the other hand, was up before 4am in order to turn in his rental car and get to the airport after over a week of work travel and meetings with bosses and clients. Now, back to the grocery store...I can tell you that we were so exhausted walking up and down the food aisles that we both nearly fell asleep. We might have even fought over who was going to push the cart - only to use it as a walker. Whew - but we made it through to check-out and didn't lose our son along the way. (He's a super shopper.) 

Later in the evening, Little Monster was hyper with excitement...and so was I! Having dinner together (albeit it was after 8pm by the time we ate) was amazing and I just couldn't stop smiling. I am proud of my incredible family and when we're together, it's just hard to describe. I guess 'perfect' is the word. Welcome home, Love! Now we have a whole day and a half before he leaves for the warmth of another southern state. Bring on the family time!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP