Tea Time

Monday, January 25, 2010

Running and blogging are a lot alike. You have to do both of them consistently to be any good. To build any base or earn credibility. Maybe that's why I've been failing at both lately...

After 3 days without pop, soda or bubbly stuff of any kind, I can say it's been a fairly easy habit to break. Let's hope it continues to be...

I've grown to love drinking hot tea over the past year or two, and maybe having tea has made dropping the pop habit easier. Who knows! I used to think tea was a weak, tasteless drink. And coffee, shoot, I've had about 6 cups of the stuff in my entire life and that was during my first year out of college. Definitely don't like it. But again, tea has definitely grown on me.

My mom is the queen of finding things I need. She still takes care of me in a big way...and I'm 21! (I mean 31, but writing 21 looks better.) Out on the town the other day, she came upon an herbal store that had Be Well Red Teas from the Republic of Tea. Now, neither of us are into herbal stuff but I've been dealing with pretty ugly stomach issues for about 15 years. Having my son just threw my body for a loop and I've since developed greater stomach issues as well as hypothyroidism (which has pleasantries of its own). So when my momma called me with a specific tea called 'get relief' for digestion, I was as intruiged as she was...so she bought it (thank ya, ma!) and I tried it. First of all, it tasted great - made up of cinnamon, anise and peppermint. The cinnamon was the most delicious of tastes! Secondly, it delivered. It calmed my belly and got rid of some bloating as well. Overall, I was pretty impressed with how a few cups of tea soothed my tummy.

Now, it's definitely not cured me in any way and my issues have a long way to go as far as getting better. But, I was happy with the relief I got with such a tasty product. Hey, Republic of Tea, want to send me more of your teas in exchange for a write-up on each one? There's a 'get gorgeous' flavor I'd really like to try.   : )   

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP