monster, i am not a ladder!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

as you may have read, i work in the office 2 days a week, and from home the other three. i am at home today and preparing some goodies for my husband's birthday. monster was helping me make a cookie cake.

during clean-up, my boss called. here is how the conversation went:

me: hi! yes, of course it's a good time to talk. (lie #1)

pause - as i listen to her update for me on a few students i am working with...

me: (interrupting) i'm so sorry, can you hold on just one second? (covering the phone with my hand) baby, get that bag off your head! dude, we don't put plastic bags on our heads! bud, NOW! okay, i'm back. sorry about that, go on.

pause - as i listen more then begin to add my thoughts and updates

me: (interrupting again) I am so sorry, can you hang on for just one more second? no, i promise, i'm not in the middle of anything. it's a fine time to talk! (lie #2) buddy! get down please, you're gonna hurt your chin. stop! no! oh, please don't pound your hammer into the cookie batter!

i'm not sure where the conversation went from there, honestly. i already forget. but i do think i exchanged ideas and insights with my boss while my son turned into curious george and climbed up my body and nearly over my head. i'm almost positive my entire chest was exposed at one point and possibly a portion of my booty too. question: what prompted my 3-year old to pull at my clothes and wreck havoc on my kitchen, crack an egg on his head and then slime the counter during a 7-minute conversation on the phone with my boss? answer: simply the fact that i was on the phone and unavailable to him at that very moment. the second i hung up, my little monster was on to bigger and better things. and quiet! yes, quiet. oh i love that little boy. and he knows i do. : )

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP