Trash bags, candy hearts and bubbles!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

You get what you pay for is definitely true for garbage bags. Don’t you agree? This won’t be the subject of my entire post today but I just had to say it. I bought the cheap bags last time and am paying for it in holes and frustration. :) Would’ve been worth the few extra bucks but you’d better believe we’ll use each and every bag before buying a box of the better ones. Hefty, here I come!

I’m really looking forward to February 14th! Not because I love cupid and the whole Valentine’s Day festivities. Oh, it was incredibly fun when I was a kid and my mom made us pink milk and filled plastic lacey hearts with conversation candies and decorated the house up right. That will always stick in my mind as part of my fun growing-up-hood (my new word). And no, it's not because my husband is the most romantic man in the world who plans a whole day worth of events. We have our own, low-key way of celebrating silly, love holidays like that. He's so incredible to me on a daily basis so it's hard to top that on a Valentine's Day. He's not quite Mr. Perfect, but he's Mr. Perfect For Me! (To my sister: if you're gagging about that last statement, I'm sorry!) Anyhow, I'm excited about February 14th because I begin my marathon training on that date.

It's amazing how much easier daily running can be when you have a plan. Yes, a plan! Right now, I'm just running to get my base back, to keep from growing out of my jeans and for a little sanity. I ran my 2nd marathon in November and plan to be ready in a big way for another in May. The plan makes all the difference. When you can see what you need to do for the day or the week ahead of time, you just do it! You don't think about it or mull over it. You don't have to use your brain to get past the door. Nope, you just run what the plan says to run. (Another reason I adore my husband...he's always the creator of the plan!) So, Feb 14th brings on another common theme to my blog.

And here's another:

Today began my journey to quitting my addiction to Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Pepsi. I hope to give a p.s. in my next few posts about how it's going. Since this is my 71st try at quitting, I'm sure it'll be an interesting read.

1 comments:

CC February 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

i was, how did you know ;)

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP