Series of Fortunate Events

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Unfortunately, when things start happening like crazy around here - it makes for great content to write about, but no time to do it in! My mental notepad doesn't have a backup drive and I end up forgetting half of what I was going to write about. So here I am, trying to be a scavenger and fill it all in.

Our household has been insanely busy as of late. Our neighbors must think lovely thoughts about us as we pull into and out of our driveway about 80 times...before noon each day. Or something like that. It's times like these that life literally gets in the way of housework and I start playing games like "stack the dishes" and "guess who hates to dust". I'm not at all complaining about how busy we've been. Just stating. This past week has been a very happy busy, actually. We've just bought ourselves a house.

Oh yes -- and not just any house. My dream house! I can't even begin to describe the series of fortunate events that has led up to this. So much waiting, and worrying, and wondering, and asking, and telling and worrying and thinking and well, yes, more worrying. But praying and believing really took over my insides and I knew there was only so much my husband and I could do. We had to let God do what He does best...and He changed the way I look at many things. God used so many people to help us; to give us signs of "c'mon, it's gonna happen! just be patient". Oh we definitely felt tested and confused, but there were so many times when a little miracle hit me in the face from time to time and I had to laugh. I had to laugh because it was so evident that God was in it. And thank goodness He was. So this past Monday we found out we got the house. (Sigh) I can't believe it. It is SO exciting to be going home.

1 comments:

Jen February 14, 2010 at 5:10 AM  

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you!

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP