monsterous surprise!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

my husband surprised me by coming home a day and a half early from his business trip. yahoo! the greatest part is that he surprised me at work by showing up and bringing monster too. i was so surprised that i got a little dizzy.

so after marathon works days for both of us and a very tired little man who hit the bed hard tonight, we snuggled in for a long winter's night on the couch. i took the middle, tim got the right side...both with our work laptops sitting on our laps. we couldn't have been more settled not to move for the next several hours UNTIL (bumm bumm bummmm) we saw the tv remote sitting neatly on the shelf. and clearly out of reach for the both of us. we both saw it and realized it at the same time. guess who got up to retrieve it? yep, and i've never used so much energy in my life to walk 2.5 steps for something. how sad, sad, sad is that.

today, some of my student workers were discussing in depth what they were giving up for lent. this conversation lasted 8-10 minutes or so. there was a short break in their conversation and then one of them said, 'what is lent anyway'? snot nearly flew out of my nose, i laughed so hard. (isn't it hard to stop laughing when you really need to? or to conceal it completely?) thank goodness my phone rang as my laughter nearly erupted and i was snapped back to reality. if it means nothing to you, why do it? i'm talking about anything in life, including religion. i just feel like less and less people think for themselves these days. maybe it's always been this way but i'm actually seeing it now. i'm not saying i'm not guilty of the same thing sometimes. just noting something.

2 comments:

Amie February 18, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

That reminds me of one Christmas my parents got my 4 year old cousin a present for Christmas. It was in a huge box and when he got to rip the packaging open he started screaming and jumping up and down yelling "Yay, Yay, Yay! It is exactly what I always wanted!!!!" and then he said... "What is it?". We all died laughing. At least this was coming from a 4 year old. I am always annoyed by most of the folks that choose to "give things up for lent" because of just that- they do it not knowing why on earth they are even doing it. Many do it for the right reasons, but soooooooo many don't.

kings to you February 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

That is an adorable story! So true. And yes, many people do it for the right reasons...I wasn't contesting that! See you soon : )

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP