Dread and Brilliance

Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's nearly time for my husband to leave on another business trip and I'm secretly and quietly starting to dread it. Tomorrow, I'll show outward signs of dreading it and then come Monday, the whole world will know of my sadness. Wahhhhh! The first few hours are the saddest...and then I morph into survival-mode momma. I've got some stressful days at work ahead and it's days like that, that cause me to worry for a split-second that I forgot to put my pants on as I'm taking my coat off at work. Does anyone else have that thought come into their mind at odd times during the day?

 Switching subjects completely, let's talk music. I was listening to a CD my husband made me back in College - back when he was still trying to impress me : ) Every song brought back a flood of memories and I laughed out loud pretty much the whole time I listened to it. We were such babies back then. Wow - how time flies. That is so cliche, and yet so true.

My sister made a CD for me a few months back, and then a very close friend of mine gave one to me last week...both of which made my day. I can't think of a more fun, personal and thoughtful gift than someone putting music together with you in mind. Brilliant! Thanks, girlies!!! I love my new tunes - now if I can only get TJ to let me listen to them when he's in the car (which is 99% of the time). Then the world would turn a little bit more smoothly.   : )

1 comments:

Jen February 14, 2010 at 5:12 AM  

I know how much I dreaded every week when Jason was working out of town last winter. I feel bad for you!! Let's figure out a time when you can drop the little man off to play for a while and you can have some down time.

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP