gotta love the airbrush

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ah - the art of airbrushing. If I lived in Hollywood, I wouldn't look half-bad either! I admit, I leaf through OK! magazine and People and all the other gossipy, trashy magazines out there. I don't buy them, but love to read them in line at the grocery store. (That is, when my little monster isn't pulling gum, mints and Combos off the shelf and flinging them into our cart).

Now, we all know about airbrushing and how one mag forgot to airbrush Demi Moore's hip back into the picture after fixing her all up. That sort of thing. But it still gets to some of us women-folk (and guys too, I suppose). I probably do buy into it a bit, because I'd like to love the way I look too. Which makes me wonder if the airbrushee feels weird looking at a more perfect self when they view their very own magazine cover for the first time.

Oh, I'm not saying I wouldn't JUMP at the chance to be made-over and airbrushed into a pin-up girl or the face of an article entitled "Look THIS good!". Ha! Given the chance, I'd probably knock a few people out of the way for that! : ) What I am saying, is that it's about time something like this happened...

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/twiggys-photoshopped-olay-ads-banned-in-england-554961/

Read the article. Very interesting. An Olay ad is being banned in England for airbrushing to the extent that Twiggy looks about 30, instead of, well, much older than that. I'm sure she still looks good - just not that good. C'mon. Get real!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP