Family Jewels

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I went to get my ring cleaned this morning since my crazy-beautiful engagement ring was losing its sparkle. My little monster came along in his doggie Halloween costume and I was sure to hold him the entire time at the jewelers. The same, friendly man at the back of the store took my ring to clean it. Then TJ and I decided to have a look around. Again, I carried him the whole time so not to make anyone nervous. Including myself.

My reason for going in was two-fold. Other than the cleaning, I wanted to look for my grandma's Christmas present. She wants turquoise earrings. Keep in mind at the time I went into the store, I was the only person there. No one else. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

While we listened to the buzzing of the ring cleaning, I waited for the woman working the store to ask me if I needed help or wanted pricing on anything. She ignored me TOTALLY and I have to think it's because I had my son with me. Or in my sweats, I didn't look like a big buyer. Well, I found some nice earrings and then ran across an incredible necklace that I wanted for myself. While I was looking around, another customer came into the store and the woman made a beeline for that person to see if they needed any help. Nice. I didn't feel like asking the rude woman for pricing...so I didn't. I probably should go back and thank her for her unfriendliness. It saved me quite a bit of money...and the temptation to tell my husband about the incredible necklace. I guess I felt a little bit like Julia Roberts during the shopping scene in pretty woman. That is, except for the whole hooker part. Oh - and I had my kid with me. My doggie kid.

Sorry, jewelry store. You missed out on a possible purchase or two...and I'd like to thank you!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP