Marketing to Kids

Monday, March 15, 2010

Congratulations, toy marketers, on a job well done. My little Monster was looking through the Target toy catalog this weekend while Tim and I were at the table looking through mail or something. Monster started yelling out things like, "AWW COOL! Dinosaur Hunters! Oh Mom Look! Lego Atlantis! OH Doddy! Doddy!!! Snerf or nothing!"

Snerf or nothing? Yes, not only does my 3-year old know the exact names of toys like Lego Atlantis and Dinosaur Hunters....but he knows Nerf's tagline -- "It's Nerf or nothing". Personally, Tim and I like "Snerf or nothing" better, but who's counting.

We listen to a lot of music in the car...all kid music. Some days I can't get "Do Re Mi" out of my head at all and I go to sleep thinking about jam and bread. But today I got a great laugh out of Monster's interpretation of another song. We were doing a policeman puzzle (thanks, DiagnosisUrine) and he was singing under his breath. To my delight, he sang "How Great Is Her Guy" to the tune of "How Great is Our God". Thank you, Veggie Tales...my boy likes your songs. Isn't that sweet?

Don't you love kid's interpretations of things? For instance:
               *Monster calls Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teen-agent Turtles
               *He asked me what "this sigh no" means (Jesus Loves Me song) and what a Bibe-bolt is. I guess
                 I slur the words "Bible tells me"
               *My brother insisted a song (way back) was called "Sheet Like the Wind" and "If She Would
                 Have Been Paid For" (she's like the wind...and...if she would've been faithful)

Share some others with me, people!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP